StudyPortals’ Analytics & Consulting Team is a team of data geeks who use a wealth of insight, research, and experience to assist universities and institutions worldwide. By having a firm understanding of higher education marketing, including how branding, communication, and flexibility can impact student recruitment, the ACT team empowers organisations everywhere with the necessary advice and analyses they need to target international students.
Analytics & ROI
When set up correctly, website can be effective for tracking and engaging with students. When seeing how many of your visitors apply, enrol in, and attend your university, you’re capable of measuring the user conversion and ROI of your marketing efforts. The Analytics & Consulting team is equipped with the right knowledge and experience to improve your website’s performance and tracking quality. They also offer training sessions in Google Analytics, having successfully hosted workshops in Belgium, Finland, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- Transform your website into an effective recruitment tool.
- Measure and track how many visitors go from a lead to an enrolled student.
- Optimise the return on investment (ROI) of your online marketing efforts.
Receive data insights about what international students are interested, what information they need, how they search for their degree options, and where they come from.
- Country interest reports: Outlines which countries students of a specific national origin are interested in.
- Discipline interest reports: Show which disciplines students are interested in.
- Competitor analyses: A uniquely-tailored outline of your competitors – at the institutional and programme level.
- Market monitors: High-quality insights about international education markets.
Discover how our customised dashboards with real-time data insights
can enable you to target students more precisely.
Promote your study programmes in the right regions - even in the right cities.
Our consultants and associates have over 50 years of combined experience in international higher education. They’re eager to make universities and institutions shine in the global market, and to help ensure a successful marketing strategy. This includes, for example, helping universities recruit effectively, and make their admission and enrolment processes more efficient.
- Making the university brand stand out
- Offer ideas gathered from over 50 years of combined experience
- Give advice on marketing to an international audience and recruiting the best students
- Introduce a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system suitable for the institution’s needs
Boost your skills in international marketing, recruitment, branding, Google Analytics, online marketing, service provision, and so much more. No matter what you want to learn, our trainers and consultants can deliver instruction, either in-house at your institution, or through open registration workshops and webinars. Some topics include:
- Successfully working with education agents
- Recruiting students at education fairs
- Branding your higher education institution
- From enquiries to enrolment: using sales techniques to recruit more students
- Strategic marketing for international higher education
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for universities
- Online Marketing
- Google Analytics for Higher Education
Want more details about our trainings?Download the brochure to find out more
Nienke Bastiaans, Head of Department Education and Communication
The strong focus on higher education in this branding course was really good. Clear examples of websites and social media were used. This, combined with a very international group of participants all strongly linked to HE, created a great setting for improving our brand. On top of that, some useful practical models and instruments were presented.
Joachim Ekström, Communication Strategist
Using Thijs for strategic advice is possibly the best investment I ever made in my 20 years of marketing. Thijs’ knowledge of international student recruitment and marketing ranges from the nitty gritty details of how to make best use of student fairs up to the management level with funding, organisation and analysis. He is also a very pleasant person to deal with and I can warmly recommend him both as a speaker and a consultant.
Hanna Donner, Head of Marketing
We have worked with StudyPortals for several years to promote our master’s programmes through MastersPortals.com. Through our results based campaigns we have managed to drive traffic to our webpage and generate leads for our programmes. Most recently we have also commissioned a benchmarking study from StudyPortals regarding the imminent introduction of tuition fees for non-EU students on our programmes. The benchmark and recommendations both with regards to the setting of the fees and introducing a scholarship system was a great support going forward with the process. Furthermore, the recommendations regarding the scholarship system were also very useful when planning the implementation. StudyPortals have always been very generous in sharing their extensive knowledge of the higher education market. In combination with their extensive data deducted from their portal, I’m confident they can support most institutions both with insight and generating quality leads.
Matthew Ward, International Marketing Assistant
I attended a workshop lead by Thijs on Google Analytics for International Marketing & Recruitment. I found the workshop to be very informative and the instruction to be clear and concise. I was able to return from his workshop and immediately apply the lessons learned to determine the effectiveness of our digital marketing channels. Thijs showed me best practice on how to create well made landing pages designed to funnel users to our CRM system to gather data and how this in conjunction with Google Analytics could be used to determine our return on investment from our marketing efforts. I would recommend his program to anyone who would like to know definitively if their marketing budget is being spent in the right place.