The Analytics and Consulting Team (ACT) at StudyPortals advises and assists universities and other organisations in the higher education sector realise their ambitions in the field of international marketing and international student recruitment. Our team of consultants can assist with everything from strategy, branding and marketing to customer relationship management, student recruitment, market insights, competitor analysis, Google Analytics and training.
The education market is growing not only in size but in complexity as well. Competition for international students, researchers, partnerships and funding will only intensify. Higher education institutions that wish to operate internationally must continuously adapt to these rapidly changing realities. Their success will increasingly depend on their understanding of the market, plus their ability to adapt and differentiate themselves from the competition.
Improve the performance of your website. Track and measure the conversion from visitor to lead, applicant and enrolled student and increase your ROI. With many years of experience in online marketing for higher education institutions, our consultants and analysts can help you improve the performance of your website and increase the return on investment (ROI) of your international marketing spent using Google Analytics and other tools. We also provide training in using Google Analytics for higher education and have already successfully run workshops in Belgium, Finland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
- Measure and improve the performance of your website
- Track and measure the conversion from visitor to lead, applicant and enrolled student
- Increase the Return on Investment (ROI) of international and online marketing strategies.
Combined our consultants and associates have over 50 years experience in international higher education. We can assist in the development of your brand, your international marketing & recruitment strategy and your marketing, recruitment and admissions operations.
- Define and improve your brand
- Develop and optimize international marketing and (student) recruitment strategies
- Formalize and improve front office operations such as marketing, recruitment and admissions
- Identify and customize the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system that is best for you
Get general and tailored insights into what international students are interested in, what their search behaviour is like, their origins and satisfaction rates.
- Country interest reports: These standard reports provide insights into what countries students come from when they look at programmes in a certain country. E.g students from India mainly look at Germany, the UK and USA.
- Discipline interest reports: These standard reports provide insights into what countries students come from when they look at programmes in a certain discipline. E.g students interested in Computer Science and IT mainly come from India, Pakistan and the United Kingdom.
- Competitor analysis: We provide tailored insights into who your competitors are at both the institutional and programme level and where the students come from. What tuition fee do your competitors charge, what is the duration of their programmes compared to yours?
- Market Monitors: Market Monitor reports provide high quality, current market intelligence about a range of international educational markets. Whether your institution is already active in a market or region or thinking about expanding marketing activities into new areas our Market Monitor reports will provide you with a valuable tool.
Enhance your skills in international marketing, recruitment, branding, Google Analytics, online marketing, service provision and much more. Our trainers and consultants provide both tailor-made, in-house as well as open registration workshops on many topics, such as:
- Working successfully with education agents
- Using education fairs to recruit students
- Branding of higher education institutions
- From enquiries to enrolment: recruit more students using sales techniques
- Strategic marketing for international higher education
- Customer relationship management for universities
- Online marketing
- Google Analytics for higher education.
Training 1: Getting started with Google Analytics
We have worked with StudyPortals for several years to promote our master’s programmes through mastersportals.eu. Through our results based campaigns we have managed to drive traffic to our webpage and generate leads for our programmes. Most recently we have also commissioned a benchmarking study from Studyportals regarding the imminent introduction of tuition fees for non-EU students on our programmes. The benchmark and recommendations both with regards to the setting of the fees and introducing a scholarship system was a great support going forward with the process. Furthermore, the recommendations regarding the scholarship system were also very useful when planning the implementation. Studyportals have always been very generous in sharing their extensive knowledge of the higher education market. In combination with their extensive data deducted from their portal, I’m confident they can support most institutions both with insight and generating quality leads.
Head of marketing
I attended a workshop lead by Thijs on Google Analytics for International Marketing & Recruitment. I found the workshop to be very informative and the instruction to be clear and concise. I was able to return from his workshop and immediately apply the lessons learned to determine the effectiveness of our digital marketing channels. Thijs showed me best practice on how to create well made landing pages designed to funnel users to our CRM system to gather data and how this in conjunction with Google Analytics could be used to determine our return on investment from our marketing efforts. I would recommend his program to anyone who would like to know definitively if their marketing budget is being spent in the right place.
International Marketing Assistant
The strong focus on higher education in this branding course was really good. Clear examples of websites and social media were used. This, combined with a very international group of participants all strongly linked to HE, created a great setting for improving our brand. On top of that, some useful practical models and instruments were presented.
Head of Department Education and Communication
Using Thijs for strategic advice is possibly the best investment I ever made in my 20 years of marketing. Thijs knowledge of international student recruitment and marketing ranges from the nitty gritty details of how to make best use of student fairs up to the management level with funding, organization and analysis. He is also a very pleasant person to deal with and I can warmly recommend him both as a speaker and a consultant.