To support StudyPortals‘ global expansion we are significantly expanding our development team. The team currently consists of Front- and Back-End Developers as well UX Designers, split over four scrum teams. Watch the video below for an impression of a recent Hackathon which we organized, and check out your new colleagues!
The technology powering StudyPortals’ platform is based on object-oriented PHP5; virtually all of our systems have been developed in-house. We are currently transitioning into a service-oriented architecture, powered by our own RESTful API. In parallel we are scaling our infrastructure out into AWS in order to get maximum benefit out of the large variety of infrastructure-as-a-service approaches currently offered. As Back-End Developer you will play an important role in further developing and rolling out our RESTful API, which will be at the base of all our current and future products. Your responsibilities range from working on the core of our systems all the way up to producing proof-of-concept web applications. The Front-End Developers will help you to turn your proof-of-concept applications into true “online experiences”.
You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people, taking input from our graphic designers, UX Designers and our Student- and University Value teams in order to realize the best implementations possible. In order to measure our effectiveness we are currently focusing very hard on our continuous deployment process.
On a typical day, you will start the day with your scrum team, discussing your progress and plans for that day so that everybody is up to date. Then, you work on your stories and tasks (Scrum methodology), you discuss with your teammembers whenever you need help. There is always room for sharing new ideas whenever they pop up! You test your work via the device lab and make changes when neccesary. For lunch, you join your colleagues in our own SP Cafe, after which you can play some games to relax and recharge, for example for our bi-weekly development demonstration session to the whole StudyPortals team.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, typically in Computer Science or a related field;
- Apart from a proven track-record in creating advanced PHP5 applications, you have some background in stricter, object-oriented, languages such as C# or Java;
- You know you way around a MySQL database and its InnoDB storage-engine;
- The ability to write valid, semantically correct, HTML5 and CSS3;
- You understand what it takes to build scalable web applications and realise this means your skills should not be limited to just writing good code;
- You are comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as part of your day-to-day work;
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, and excellent communication skills;
- Ambition, energetic and an entrepreneurial drive, you can work well independently but definitely also in a team and you are fun to work with.
- A fulltime, 40 hours/week, position;
- Competitive salary including a bonus scheme;
- Informal, entrepreneurial, international and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated;
- Apart from your contribution to the company, your personal development has high priority;
- Our office is in the centre of Eindhoven (Strijp-S), five minutes from the central station;
- Interesting extras such as a laptop of your choice and a personal development budget;
- The opportunity to revolutionize the worldwide study-choice market.