Privacy and Cookie Statement
We are StudyPortals B.V. (Chamber of Commerce 180.86.860), in the rest of this document referred to as StudyPortals.
We maintain our headquarters at:
Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
For more information visit: https://www.studyportals.com/about/
Types of personal data we process
We may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Name, e-mail address and other identifying information
For example, we may record your name, e-mail address, gender, date of birth, nationality, country of residence, education history, achievements, or language test scores.
- Your contact details and personal account/registration details
Your contact details may include: your address, telephone number, and email address. When you create a personal account or register for a service, we may also record your sign-in details and other information you provide when you create your personal account or fill in a registration form.
- Our communication with you
When you send us an email, or chat with us online or via social media, we save your correspondence with us.
- Information we collect when you use our Website
– When you visit our Website or use our services, we may register your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring website, web-browsing behavior.
– We may receive an automatic notification when you open (or open a link from) a newsletter.
- Information in relation to social media
- Information you choose to share with us
You may also choose to share information with us. For example when you leave a comment for us on Facebook, fill out a survey, or submit an entry for a contest or scholarship, you have opted to share personal information with us.
Cookies and similar technologies
StudyPortals uses three types of cookies
These are cookies which enable users to: view StudyPortals’s Website, use specific functions on the Webiste, and gain access to secured features. If you do not enable or permit of this type of cookie, however, your user experience may be affected in the following ways:
- Certain features of StudyPortals’s Website will become or unavailable;
- StudyPortals can provide less support to users;
- StudyPortals will be unable to remember your preferences with regard to using or displaying a specific function.
Marketing and other cookies
Marketing cookies are what advertising networks typically placed on Website. These networks are act as intermediaries between StudyPortals and advertisers. They are used to:
- show relevant, personalised advertisements or offers through every type of medium (such as e-mail, social media, and banner ads) based on your visit and click behavior;
- limit the number of times each advertisement is displayed;
- measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign;
- make a link to social media, so that you can be recognised when you wish to use social media through StudyPortal’s Website.
Below you can find the full list of cookies StudyPortals uses.
|Name||What is it for|
(Name changes depending on the Website you’re visiting)
|Ensuring Stability of Software Systems|
|Name||What is it for|
|_vwo_uuid||Visual Website Optimizer|
|hot jar||Hot Jar|
|Marketing and other Cookies|
|Name||What is it for|
|Google AdWords Conversion||Advertisement tracking|
You can disable these cookies through your browser. For examples and more data on cookies, see: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
How we collect your data
StudyPortals collects personal data in a number of ways. Information is obtained, for example, when you visit our Website, register on our Website, communicate with us via social media, or subscribe to our newsletter.
We may also receive personal information from associated educational institutions, subsidiaries, partners, or other service providers.
We collect some information by accessing your publicly available data, such as your Facebook or Linkedin public profile.
Goals of processing your data
The main purposes for using your personal information include:
Providing services to you
-For example, based on the country or field of study that you choose, we can send you programme recommendations that we believe best match your profile .
-To make your user experience easier and more effective, we may assess how you use our services, and combine this data with information collected via your personal account, registration details, cookies, and similar technologies (please see above). This combination enables us to, for example, optimize our search algorithms.
-You can contact education institutes through our Website, by means of an electronic form. By sending an inquiry, you also create your own user account, enabling you to view the inquiries you sent.
To communicate with you
We use your contact details to communicate with you, answer your questions, or handle your complaints.
For statistical research
– General. We use automatic tools to perform statistical research into general trends. We broadly examine how our users behave towards our services, as well as the preferences our users set.
– Data. To perform our research, we may merge and analyze the different types of data described above. We may also combine such aggregated data with information we receive from our subsidiaries, educational institutions, or from public sources.
– Benefits. Statistical research helps us develop better services and offerings, allowing us to improve the design and content of our Website. We can also advise higher education institutions on how they can better serve you.
For direct marketing purposes
– General. We may use your personal information to send you newsletters, promotions, or other marketing communications.
– Categories of data. To perform our research, we may merge and analyze the different types of data described above. We may also combine such aggregated data with information we receive from our subsidiaries, educational institutions, or from public sources.
– Benefits. We use the results of our analysis to tailor our marketing communications to your specific interests and preferences. For example, if our analysis shows that you may be interested in certain types of programmes or a specific country, we may customize our newsletter and Website with content that are relevant to you.
– Channels. We may use different channels for our marketing communications, such as e-mail, social media, and your personal online account.
To initiate and evaluate business relationships
Your personal data will be processed for the entering into agreements and the performance thereof to the point of commercial services and the managing of the business relations which emerge from them, including the performance of activities aimed at the expansion of our client database.
Disclosing or sharing data with third parties
We reserve the right to release personal information without your consent or without consulting you, when we deem it necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect the security of this Website, or to prevent fraud.
Other institutions or businesses
You can contact education institutes through our Website, by means of an electronic form. The details in your inquiry will then be shared with the institute you are trying to contact.
Third party websites
StudyPortals may transfer your personal data to countries outside of your country of residence. This might occur in the course of sharing information with Education Institutions or our subsidiaries. Some of these countries may not require an adequate level of personal data protection compared to the level of protection provided in your own country.
Security and retention
StudyPortals will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or unlawful use.
You can update and amend your personal data. You are also assume any other rights afforded under applicable data protection laws – including, for example, objecting to the processing of your personal data. All you have to do is send your written response, accompanied by a copy of your proof of identity, to:
People and Culture
5617 AC Eindhoven,
How do we look after this policy