Studyportals is the International Study Choice Platform. Our mission: “Empowering the world to choose education.” How? By making study choice transparent globally. We help universities with easier and more effective international marketing and recruitment solutions.
Studyportals started as a spin-off from a couple of large international study associations, frustrated by the lack of information to find international Masters in Europe: Mastersportal.com was born and proved to be an overwhelming success. In 2009 Studyportals BV, a private enterprise, which now also publishes Bachelorsportal.com, PhDportal.com, ShortCoursesportal.com, PreparationCoursesportal.com, DistanceLearningportal.com, Scholarshipportal.com and STeXX.com was founded.
We are driven to realise a positive contribution to our world with our platform. Beyond that, the Studyportals Foundation realizes charitable projects related to our mission or team, mostly with the UNICEF Schools for Africa campaign.
Nowadays, the Studyportals team consists of over 190 people with 35 different nationalities, with the centre of our operations in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
We currently have more than 3,050 participating universities around the world. We cooperate with and are supported by the European Commission and many national institutes such as the British Council (UK), DAAD (Germany), Nuffic (Netherlands), SUI (Norway), OeAD (Austria), Universidad.es (Spain) and many more. International Student Associations are still our key partners in further developing our services, as well as informing students about the assistance our portals can give them. We are proud to state that most big international student associations are our official partners.
The following developments have driven the need and motivation to create the original Mastersportal.com:
- Europe is unifying their university systems – Powered by the Bologna Process, 48 nations in Europe aim to unify their systems in a three tier system of Higher Education: Bachelor’s; Master’s and PhD. In 2010, the European Higher Education Area was supposed to come to its full effect.
- Mobility is key – Students and researchers are encouraged and supported to relocate themselves to another university in another city or country when moving to a next level.
We found that there is no comprehensive internet source where international degree programmes could be found and compared on an international level:
- Despite the wave of newly created (master’s) programmes, of which many with an international focus, there were very little information sources available and those that existed were at best at the national level.
- Finding and comparing programmes internationally was a time consuming and strenuous activity.
- Through our investigation on the topic, we have received many complaints from students in and outside Europe about this lack of information, which even left them to stay at home, or study in other continents, primarily the USA.
We consider international study experience extremely valuable to students’ development. Through our portals we try to fill the information gap that hinders students from finding and starting their international studies. On this mission, there’s still a lot of work to be done, but we are working enthusiastically and welcome cooperation with students and universities.